Managing users: User Roles and Permissions
Hubs include three basic levels of access. Each level of access has standard permission sets. Standard permission sets are built to stack so that each role also contains the permission sets of the roles below it. Custom roles and permissions sets can be created for your organization, but the inclusion of these additional roles needs to be discussed and agreed upon durring your hub kickoff meeting.
System Admin - The SHMS staff member who is assisting with technical implementation of your network. Permissions:
- Create a new Hub
- Add initial start-up packet including org-provided design content
- Create Collections
- Create sets of Collections
- Create sets of Groups
- Grant Hub Administrator permissions to a user
- Offer technical support
Hub Administrator (Hub Admin) -The primary person(s) who maintains the Hub.
- Edit hub settings (cover image, logo, title, tagline)
- Associate Collections with the Hub
- Associate Groups with the Hub
- Manage members
- Manage about content
- Create and managing announcements
- Create new Hub groups and appoint group admins, as needed
Group Administrator - Group admins manage groups. They can review and edit folders remove content, and add or remove users. For closed (private groups) the group admin is also responsible for approving new group members.
- Manage group information: Logo, description, metadata
- Control group privacy settings
- Review and edit folders
- Review and remove resource content from group folders
- Add or remove group members (invite, approve, remove)
- Full audit power over discussion threads (edit, add, remove discussion content)
Hub Member - Hub members are any network associated group members who are not designated as group or network administrators.
- Add folders
- Add or remove content in folders
- Start discussion threads