The updates to Open Author are live on SHMS! For instructions on how to use the new tool, visit our help article:
We are eager to hear from users over the next two weeks to find out about your experience with the new authoring environment.
Open Author is now a single tool providing all of the benefits and features enjoyed in the Resource Builder, Lesson Builder, and Module Builder in one place. These features include, but are not limited to:
- Recently updated WYSIWYG Editor, including an Accessibility checker, copy/paste from Word and Excel, and an easy-to-use Math editor
- Image upload tools that include alt-text and captions
- Multiple download options: PDF, EPUB3 (braille and screen-reader ready), SCORM, and Thin Common Cartridge
- Import from Google or Microsoft OneDrive ( unavailable)
- Add a Co-Author
- Instructor content supported for each Section
But what about...
We want to reassure our fantastic SHMS community that your published resources aren’t going anywhere. If you created a resource in one of our previous authoring tools, it will still be available to you in My Items or in your Groups. Those resources can still be remixed by other members of the SHMS community.
With this initial release, the changes will be in the new authoring environment, not in the published resources.
I still have questions!
Please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll answer!