If your school or organization uses a learning management system, such as Blackboard, Moodle Canvas, OpenEdx, or Schoology, there is a way for you to integrate SHMS into your system.
The SHMS Learning Tool Integration (LTI) is presented seamlessly within your learning management system, where you are able to browse and search for resources that you have previously saved.
- Login to SHMS.
- Fill out the Learning Tool Integration form
Once you've filled out the LTI integration form, you'll need to wait for your key and secret to arrive via email within 24 hours.
Sharing resources amongst a group of educators
If you would like to use SHMS resources to share items with multiple educators who are working together on a course or curriculum, there is no need for every member of the group to request their own key and secret.
The key and secret will be sent to the Group Administrator. If someone other than the Group Admin completed the form, the Group Admin must contact email@example.com to approve the integration request.
- Create a group in SHMS
- Save resources to your group folder(s).
- Once you have received your key and secret (from step 2) you can move forward with your integration.
Note: Each member of the group must have an SHMS account.
Getting set up in your learning management system
Once you have received your credentials and added resources to your group in SHMS, you can install and begin accessing the SHMS resources in your learning management system.
Most course designers and instructors can configure LTI tools independently for each course for which they are a designer or instructor. A learning management system administrator is generally able to configure an LTI tool for the entire system.
Below, you'll find details for installing LTI tools in common Learning Management Systems.
Follow these instructions from Moodle to configure: Adding an external tool to moodle
Note: Many of our resources are served in http instead of https. Because of this, click to select Open in new tab when selecting Launch Container.
- Follow these instructions to find SHMS in Canvas: How do I add an external app in a course?
- Click the ‘Add App’ button once you have found the SHMS App.
- Click the View App Configurations button.
- Click to select Edit in the gear icon drop down menu next to the SHMS App.
- Enter your key and secret.
Adding External Tools to Canvas Course Modules and Assignments
The SHMS App is configured to work with Modules and Assignments only. It cannot be used within the Rich Content editor.
Note: Many of our resources are served in http instead of https. Because of this, you'll want to check the "Load This Tool in New Tab" checkbox when adding an external tool
- Follow these instructions from Blackboard to configure: Blackboard Help - Learning Tools Interoperability Please be sure to allow Blackboard to send Role in Course with LTI launch requests
- For course designers and instructors, follow these instructions from Blackboard to create a web link: How to create a web link to a tool provider. Be sure to use the SHMS Launch URL as the web address of the Tool Provider: https://shms.sa/lti/launch
- Follow these instructions from EdX to configure: Overviewing and enabling the LTI component in your EdX Instance. You will need to add an LTI passport string which includes your key and secret.
- For course designers and instructors, follow these instructions from EdX: Adding an LTI component to an EdX course unit
Follow these instructions from Schoology to configure: About External or LTI Tools.
Known Issues with Schoology:
- Mixed Content: Many of our activity pages are served in http instead of https. Because of this, once you've launched the LTI activity you'll need to do the following:
- In Chrome: Click the shield icon at the top right corner of the address ba
- In Firefox: Click the link which indicates that the resource has moved
- In Safari: We are unable to support LTI in Schoology in Safari at this time
- Your Activity has ended Error: Once you have initially added your activity, you may see a message that says "Your Activity has ended." Refresh the page, and this error will be resolved.
See also: Saving folders to your LTI group