A Hub is a custom resource center on SHMS where a network of users can create and share collections, administer groups, and share news and events associated with a project or organization.
You can browse collections on any of SHMS Hub and save your favorite resources to your own folders.
To begin browsing our Hub content find a hub that interests you and search their content.
- Login to SHMS
- Click the “Connect” link in the Global Navigation Menu. Select “Hubs” from the drop down menu.
- Find a Hub you are interested in, and click on the thumbnail or Hub title to access the Hub’s main page.
Finding a resource on the Hub
- Once you’ve arrived on the Hub page you can:
- Use the search bar to find exactly what you’re looking for by entering keywords or search phrases into the search bar.
- Scroll down to the Collections and Groups to browse by topic.
Viewing and saving a resource
From within a collection or group you can do the following.
- Click the title of a resource from the list to get an in depth snapshot of a resource, which includes full metadata description, alignments, evaluations, and user comments.
- If you’d like to view the full resource, click the green View Resource button.
- If you’d like to save a resource, click the Save button on the SHMS toolbar located at the top of the screen.
- Click the folder or subfolder where you would like to save the resource.
- If you’d like to create a new folder, simply click the green “Create New Folder” button at the bottom of your Folders list.
Note: If you do not see the SHMS toolbar, it may not be enabled in your account permissions. Edit your account settings to show toolbar when viewing resources.
Tip: You may save the resource in more than one folder.