You may be able to remix an existing educational resource. Remixing a resource means you can adapt, reorganize, and remake a resource to create something new. This is especially helpful when you would like to adapt the material to learners’ needs.
Note: Currently, remixing is limited to resources that are created directly in SHMS.
Learn about the usage rights of an educational resource to determine if it can be remixed.
Reasons why you may want to remix a resource:
- You may want to localize it to meet the unique needs of your learners.
- Shift the focus of the subject area.
- Add something new to it like an assessment or a video.
Create a remix
- Login to SHMS.
- Find a resource that you would like to remix. From the Snapshot View page, look for these images to determine if the resource can be remixed.
- Click the View Resource button.
- Click the Remix this resource button to start editing.
Note: You will not be changing the original resource. In remix mode, you are creating a new copy of the resource.