Stages to create a remix
There are three stages to creating an educational resource remix in Open Author: Write, Describe, and Submit.
Describe your resource
Once you have edited your remix, you are ready to give it a description. Describing your resource helps others easily find it in SHMS.
Note that the description from the original resource will be present in this step. You can edit it or leave as is.
Required fields are marked.*
- Write a summary of your resource in the Abstract field.*
- Select the Primary User for this resource.
- Select the General Subjects to which the resource is applicable.* You may choose more than one.
- Select an Educational Use. You may choose more than one.
- Select Grade Sub-levels. You may choose more than one.
- Select Grades, Language* and Material Type.*
- Add Learning goals for the resource you have created.
- Enter Keywords*
- Select Educational Standards and follow the dropdown prompts to list add an alignment tag to your resource.
Click the Next Steps: Submit button.