Stages to Create in Open Author
There are three stages to creating an educational resource in Open Author: Write, Describe, and Submit.
Describe your resource
Once you have written your resource, you are ready to give it a description. Describing your resource helps others easily find it in SHMS.
Required fields are marked.*
- Write a summary of your resource in the Abstract field.*
- Select the General Subjects to which the resource is applicable.* You may choose more than one.
- Select an Educational Use. You may choose more than one.
- Select Grade Sub-levels. You may choose more than one.
- Select Grades, Language* and Material Type.*
- Add Learning goals for the resource you have created.
- Enter Keywords*
- Select Educational Standards and follow the dropdown prompts to list add an alignment tag to your resource.
- Click the Next Steps: Submit button.
See also: Writing your resource